COVID-19 Real Estate Restrictions for November 16, 2020
On November 15, 2020, in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19, Governor Inslee announced new restrictions that affect the real estate industry. The restrictions, effective Monday night at 11:59pm, include the following:
- In-person open houses are not permitted.
- Brokers must work from home when possible.
- Real estate offices must be closed to the general public and occupancy must be limited to 25% of maximum capacity.
These new restrictions are effective through December 14th.
Please note that brokers must continue to follow the below protocols for any in-person activity (showings, inspections, walk-throughs, etc.)
- In-person activities must be by appointment only
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times by real estate brokers, their clients, and industry partners (e.g. appraisers, inspectors, photographers, stagers, etc.). Brokers may not provide services to any client who does not wear a face covering;
- No more than five (5) people, in addition to the broker, may be on site at any one time; and those persons must strictly follow social distancing guidelines by remaining at least six feet apart at all times.
Since the beginning of the pandemic we have been successfully buying and selling homes. We are experiencing one of the hottest real estate markets since 2007. The perfect storm has been created with low inventory and record low interest rates.
Here at StaciaSellsHomes + Associates we have been keeping up to date on all the restrictions and new data concerning real estate and COVID-19. We have put new systems into place to make sure you and your families are safe during the home buying and selling process.
Home Sellers: If you've thought about selling your home and would like to know how much your home could sell for, click here to schedule a Listing Presentation. There is no obligation to sell your home and this service is provided to you at no cost.
Home Buyers: If you want to purchase your next home and you are not sure about how to get started, click here to schedule a home buyers meet and greet. During COVID-19 we are conducting these meetings over the phone. For iPhone users we can also Facetime. I will update you on the home buying process during the pandemic, current interest rates, and how to successfully purchase a home in a sellers market.